Friday, September 12, 2008

"Theses"

Look at all that time that's gone by. I can't even begin to imagine how long its been since I've set foot here. Its all just a matter of time isn't it?

As it is, I'm going to start spilling about my final project ideas here on occasion, or as its called in the annals of NYU CADA, "thesis".

A whole year, spent on one project, that's what thesis is. One semester for previsualization and another semester for setting in motion the plan laid out in the previous semester.

That's a lot of time to matter through.

Its to be expected. Its the final huzzah-house, the grand finale, the last big show of "holy fucking wow" that's supposed to make every money-stuffed executive and recruiter say "oh my god I want to hire you right goddamned now yes right goddamned now and I hope you take massive sacks of cash".

So we'll spend some time on it.

I really do wonder about what I'm actually capable of pulling free from the soil that all of my ideas crawl around in. Each of the Royal and Manchester micro-episodes, or "micro-sodes" as I've been calling them for the last four and a half seconds, were done in one semester, from pitch to print.

Maybe I'll pull off something amazing, a 3d animated opus that will brand itself in the leathery side of NYU's cowhide to be remembered for all eternity. Or I'll huck out a ten second shit of an excuse for a project and be told to never work in this town ever again.

Maybe I'll come out with a project that I'll love working on so much I'll just dive eyes first into it and swim around in work like a diver swimming around in a pool made of pure happiness. Or I'll hate it.

Who knows. Either way I'll have something at the end of all this. Something big, something fancy, and something that, hopefully will look good.

I don't quite know what it is yet.

But I will.

Its only a matter of time.

No comments: